Export Education Fund for VA Certified Connecticut Veteran Owned Businesses
The program goal is to aid Veteran owned companies’ exposure to export educational events and to increase the number of VA certified-Connecticut Veteran Owned Businesses. Eligible activities include U.S. Department of Commerce Connecticut seminars and webinar. The Connecticut District Export Council will pay registration fee(s) for eligible seminars and webinars offered by the U.S. Department of Commerce Connecticut Export Assistance Center from October 1, 2014 through September 30, 2015. The CT DEC application process for vets should be completed through the following link (https://cerc.formstack.com/forms/vet_biz). Connecticut Certified Veteran Owned Businesses are required to be listed on the CERC webpage. This process should take no longer than a few minutes.
The Export Education Fund is available to Connecticut companies that:
- Listed on the CERC webpage- https://cerc.formstack.com/forms/vet_biz
- Operate a registered business in Connecticut to manufacture, assemble and/or distribute a product, or provide an exportable service.
- Qualify as an “eligible small business concern”. By U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) definition, an eligible small business concern is a company that matches the criteria below:
- Complies with SBA size standards found at 13 C.F.R. Part 121 (Refer to Size standards by NAICS – Part 121.201)
- Submit a completed registration form for the specific seminar or webinar and contact email@example.com with the information regarding the event(s) to be attended.
- Agree to update the CT DEC with export sales resulting via post-activity reports/surveys.
- For eligible seminars, companies are limited to one(1) participant .
For more information:
Contact the U.S. Department of Commerce Connecticut Export Assistance Center (Anthony.Sargis@trade.gov or 860-638-6954)